Tuesday, November 29, 2011

I realized the night we found out Laura had cancer that I was going to need some guidance in how we would walk through this. 

We were at a hotel in Lexington, Ky.  I was sitting on the bed in one room with Laura, and outside our door in the other room were our four kids. 

Fully aware that the cancer news was going to impact us all I decided to find a resource that might provide insight.   

I knew it would be a matter of days before we would walk into a surgeons office, and discover the scope of the cancer.  As a result life was about to get rearranged.  In addition to all of that, I had a 12, 10, 8, and 3 year-old that would need a bit of insight as well. 

I came across Marc Silver's book on Amazon.  I spent a little time looking at the reviews and purchased it that night for my Kindle.  It took me just a couple days to read it and what I discovered was tremendous insight for dealing with the bulk of the matters we have faced, and are going to face. 

You need this book if you are a husband who has a wife with breast cancer, and you are just beginning this journey.   I have always said that when you are in the midst of a crisis you need others to guide you through it.  Silver's book provides some of that clarity you will be looking for. 

No comments:

Post a Comment